Wednesday, December 10, 2008

2008 Was A Rotten Year For a lot of US. New Digs for 2009.


I turned 49 years old on December 10, 2008. Took the day off from work to relax as best as I could considering that I am now living in a neighbor's single-wide trailer and not in the double-wide that has been my home for the past 12 years. Any shelter in a storm I guess. But still, what you thought was your own is no more and you are now more at the mercies of others than what one really is comfortable with (at least thats the way I feel about it).


In an earlier post, I talked about how they took it (my home) two days before Thanksgiving. In the time since, I sold off all my radio-control model airplanes and equipment to come up with enough scratch (as my Dad used to call money when trying to buy something important), to purchase a old Recreational Vehicle (i.e. an RV). What I got was a 1973 Apollo Neptune RV that is about 28 feet in length. No leaks in the roof, it is in need of major cleaning. And once some repairs have been completed – this thing is going to be my new home for the next year or two (Geez, I can only hope that it isn't any longer than that!).


And if I can get this thing inspection worthy and ready to tackle the open highways again, I might be able to journey to another city and maybe go to a different university and earn a second degree. But for the remainder of 2008 – that is more or less a pipe dream. I am glad that in my situation, the house and land were two separate mortgages. And I was able to still hold onto the land.


By the way, removing a house from someone's property is a messy job. How do I know? Because I have to clean the mess up now and get things setup to reposition my Apollo Neptune into position where once stood my double-wide house. New hookups to the septic tank. New water line and electric have to be rigged up. And just the trash of broken bricks, insulation, cardboard, side skirt panelling, etc.


Why bother to post such information on a blog? I can give a flippant answer to that question but on the other hand, if somebody happens to come across this article, who knows – maybe it will be helpful to them somehow.

No comments: