Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Why Do Dems hate Governor Sarah Palin so Much?


From a email that was sent to me by a friend.

I Didn't Know That...

Question: What is America's first line of missile interceptor defense that protects the entire United States ?
Answer: 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard.

Question: What is the ONLY National Guard unit on permanent active duty?
Answer: 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard.

Question: Who is the Commander in Chief of the 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard?
Answer: Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska.

Question: What U.S. governor is routinely briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counter terrorism?
Answer: Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska

Question: What U.S. governor has a higher classified security rating than either candidate of the Democrat Party?
Answer: Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska.

According to the Washington Post, she first met with McCain in February, but nobody ever found out. This is a woman used to keeping secrets. She can be entrusted with our national security, because she already is.

Now you DO know!

The above was sent to me my a friend in a email recently. When it was told to a Democratic friend of mine, his dismissive of it was amazing. Then he and other coworkers went on making jokes about Moose nuggets, etc.. I guess they were referring to Saturday Night Live's Tina Feye's skits of Governor Palin that are now so popular with the SNL crowd. In all honesty, I have yet to see a single one of those skits.

In fact, this election cycle has been my least informed one since I left high school in 1978. Why? Because I am in the process of being foreclosed and such things like satellite TV where I could listen to news channels like Fox News in the background while I worked on my models or worked on the computer – did not happen this go around. Quiting such luxuries like Direct TV did not in the end help me save enough money to save my house from foreclosure. But it does make me angry that I was not able to hold my own against my young co-workers who cannot wait to see Barack H. Obama become the next president of the United States of America. Such things like his birth certificate and the lawsuit to check it out having been dismissed by the court is insulting. Americans might very well be going against the Constitution of the United States of America by electing this man. ( I.E. He might be foreign born after all and thus not qualified to be the President of the United States). However, since the birth certificate in question has now been presented, its a moot point. OR is it? I mean, when one fills out the form to run for office, be it president or some lesser office, shouldn't the birth certificate be presented at that time? Why drag it out?

Other stuff like befriending the domestic terrorist Bill Ayers. The mess that ACORN has created in the US economy with its democratic party enablers in congress. I'm just being random in what I pick out about B.H.O. That points to him being nothing but a empty suit according to Republican pundits. Or he is the next coming of Christ according to his supporters. There MUST BE a in between there somewhere!

My young friends at work say that Republicans are arrogant to the extreme.

I say no. I mean, they are the ones who are already planning Mr. Obama coloration.

Come on, each side will cite the poll that offers the most points in favor of their candidate of their choice – that's human nature and is to be expected. Mr. Obama will win the election only with the constant help of the mainstream news media that no longer pretends to be fair and balance (to barrow that phrase from Fox News). To hear Rush Limbaugh talk the next day after the fourth debate, that the Fox News anchors and talking heads stating that Obama won that last debate did not match what Rush heard that night. Has Fox News gone over to the “dark side” as well? I say that with tongue in cheek. Like I stated above – no more satellite TV so I can listen to the news.

So how am I getting what news I am getting now? Simply from reading the Comcast.net; Drudge Report; and to a lesser extent, Coast to Coast am news websites. I gave up on my local newspaper long ago, again since I could no longer afford the subscription rates to it. One needs to be careful with search engines. Misspell a word such as Governor's Palin's name as Paylin and you can get something quite different.

On the radio, there was a report that some artist had set up a cardboard cutout figure of Governor Palin and people can come in and get their picture taken of them shooting her. Shooting her? Is that really covered under the first amendment or a hate crime? How about in Los Angles where someone has hung an effigy of the good governor by a noose as part of a Hollywood Halloween display. Lets switch it around - we now have a cardboard cutout of Barack Obama or a store dummy dressed up as Barack Obama hanging by the noose. Is that too allowed? Maybe if the N-word was added somewhere – then it could become a hate crime. In today's charged climate, these acts of freedom of speech should be dialed down two or three notches. Now, if you are interested in reading about that Hollywood Halloween display, here is the link to that story (www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-palineffigy28-2008oct28,0,541630.story). Am I even going to be accused of promoting a hate crime if someone lifts just part of my essay here and not provide the entire content. More than likely given what is going on in our country now.

UPDATE - October 30, 2008: Well, it seems that some has made effigys of Barack Obama afterall. Read the article by Jeffrey McMurray here ( www.breitbait.com/article.php?=id=D944CKD01&show_article:1). They are treating his effigys as hate crimes. But the effigys of the Republican candiates are not given the same consideration; at least in LA.

UPDATE #2 October 30, 2008: Looks like the spotlight finally forced that LA family to take down the effigy.

No comments: