Tuesday, November 4, 2008

America's Vote has Been Heard - Barack Obama the Winner

Well, history has taken place on November 4, 2008. America's Vote has Been Heard - Barack H. Obama is declared to be the Winner. He is now the President-elect for this great nation. Like other Americans, I joined a watch party held at a friend's house and there was 20 or 30 people at one time or another to come in and out of the front door.

I sat with my liberal friends to watch MSNBC while others were sitting in the other room to watch the results on Fox News. We counted down the electorial map until MSNBC went wild with Barack H. Obama reaching the magic 270 electorial votes. We watched McCain's concession speech. Thats when several of us went outside to smoke victory cigars (or in my case, my defeated candidate cigar). I missed Barack H. Obama's victory speech - secured in the knowledge that I will be seeing it replayed over and over again for the next week.

We are now living in a Chinese curse (May you live in interesting times). Like my host, I am now glad that THIS TWO YEAR LONG ELECTION IS FINALLY OVER WITH!!!!!!!!

No comments: