Friday, August 14, 2009

The Baroness Has Arrived!

The Baroness!

Ok - I posted news about this figure several months ago. I had the opportunity to actually order her and I did. And I am now glad that I did order this figure.

However, there are some folks out there - for whatever reason has a hangover from the 2008 Presidential election. And with some (I think) mean spirit ness, have compared this figure to one former Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin. In fact, there was a side-by-side picture I found on one of the action figure forums that I go to and I am sorry not to have remember where and
who created this picture that is included with this post.

However, after examining the figure up close, the head sculpt does come too close to looking like the good governor. Now, the question comes up...

Was Hasbro, or the artist who crafted the head sculpt, making a political statement? And was that statement a good one or a bad one? Now - the (
removable) glasses are different from those that Sarah Palin wears. And the hair color is different. The Baroness is suppose to be working for the terrorist organization known as COBRA. And if you want to learn more about that (as in, where the hell have you been for the past 20 years??) Anyway, just check out the movie: G.I.Joe. The Rise of Cobra. That movie was good - a live action cartoon show which is what I thought it would turn into.

But, getting back to the Baroness/Sarah Palin connection... I mean really, what was the point of it if it was done on purposed! Those who like Sarah Palin will like the figure. Those who do not like Sarah Palin will be evenly spilt I think on it. Black hair and black suit - well, that still usually represent evil or being the bad guys - even in the 21st century. Didn't Chuck Norris prove that good guys can wear black as well?


Anyway, I just thought that I would make a post on the subject. In other action figure news, I finally have a body for my Charlie Chan project. I even fixed up a funny joint picture of him and the Baroness together.

If you are offened by doll nuidty - too bad! Its a great joke and had to be done.

Plus, I finally got the Playmates (new) 12" James T. Kirk action figure to finally join my Doctor "Bones" McCoy.



No comments: